Showing all 7 results
Promised by Heaven is a story of love, loss and healing – a spiritual adventure that questions everything we understand to be true. From commencing with the dead, predicting global events, and seeing spirits, the book is an unforgettable account of one woman’s path to her true calling.
-Debut Book from James Mahon,
– First book of it’s kind to examine role of “Irish millennial emigrant”, 400,000 have left Irish shores in the last 5 years.
– Focus on American society and life, looking at guns, politics and division between 2012-2015.
– Addresses role of Irish identity in 21st century.
– Story about stories, as a reporter/journalist covering news at 22 years old in a trying and harsh environment of college campus lockdowns, mass shootings, terrorist attack and tornadoes
– Preface written by Peabody and 50 time Emmy winning journalist Brendan Keefe
Blurb on book Below
“This first book from James P Mahon is a journey, looking at one journey of an emigrant from Romania to Gort, to Dublin, to Galway, New York, Sheffield, Tennessee back to Gort now to Glasgow. The autobiographical aspect of what defines emigration at 25 for 400,000 young Irish and the profiling of one journey away and returning home and away again. It speaks to Irish identity, looking at the Celtic Tiger Cubs, the Bebo Generation and what makes a person ‘Irish’. How do you become Irish or represent Irish identity overseas, who are the 21st Irish emigrants? And finally, it is storytelling at its best, Examining journalism and the stories that are all around us and how we tell them as journalists. It looks at what makes good journalism and the role life experience plays in being good at telling stories for and with others.”
The only sound was that of the waterfall cascading down the sheer rose quartz cliff and exploding into a million microscopic droplets of pink, lilac and turquoise which sparkled with tiny specks of silver and gold. The air was headily infused with an aromatic symphony of lavender, rose, jasmine, geranium and honeysuckle, each breath melting me deeper and deeper into the surrounding bliss.
Me and My Backbone is written by Connolly native, Siobhan Mungovan and journalist with the Clare Champion, Carol Byrne, tells Siobhan’s story living with Spina Bifida. It was formally launched in Clare County Council Offices in Ennis on 7.11.2014 with hundreds of people coming to help celebrate this truly amazing story of hope.